This is a step-by-step guide on how to setup your Chrome OS device (such as Asus Chromebit or Chromebox) for the Exposer Player app.
Resetting the device
Devices that have been used before may require a reset to factory settings; the factory reset procedure depends on your specific device. If your device is not listed among the ones below, do a web search with "reset to factory settings" and your device model name
Factory reset for Chrome devices
Exposer setup guide
- Connect your device to screen, mouse, keyboard, and power
- Requires separate HDMI-cable
- Chromebit does not require anHDMI-cable, but may require an HDMI-extension, depending on the screen setup
- NOTE: Connecting mouse and keyboard may require a USB-hub or the like, as some devices, like the Chromebit, only has a single USB-port
- Start the device
- Chromebit does not have an on/off button; it starts automatically once it's connected to power
- NOTE: If the device takes you directly to the standard Chorme OS login, it has likely been used before, and will require a reset to factory settings; see "Resetting the divice", above
- Language setup
- Choose language: English or Norsk
- Choose keyboard layout
- Log on to your local wifi, or connect to the wired network using an ethernet cable
- Click "Continue"
- UNCHECK the checkbox for sending anonymous diagnostics and user data
- Read the terms and conditions thoroughly!
- Click "Accept and continue"
- Updating the device (ignore this step if it does not show up automatically)
- The device may require software updates
- Once the update completes, your device should restart automatically
- You may be required to change the keyboard layout after the software update:
- In the menu to the lower right, under "keyboard", choose the appropriate layout
- Chrome OS login
- IMPORTANT! BEFORE you log in for the first time:
- Activate kiosk mode by pressing Ctrl + Alt + K
- Click "Turn on"
- Then click "OK"
- Once kiosk mode is activated, log in to Chrome OS using your Google-account (e.g. email@example.com)
- Open Chrome Web Store
- Click the icon to your lower left ("Apps") to open the app menu
- In the menu, find and click "Web Store"
- Search for "Exposer Player" in the Web Store
- Open the "Exposer Player" page
- Note: DO NOT click the button labeled "Add to Chrome"
- Copy the link to the Exposer Player app
- Select (highlight) the contents of the address bar at the top part of the browser
- Rightclick and select "copy"
- Open a new tab in the browser, and type the following in its address bar:
- Once on the Extensions page:
- Make sure the checkbox labeled "Developer mode" is checked
- Click "Manage kiosk applications..."
- Select Exposer Player as kiosk application
- In the "Add kiosk application" textfield, paste the link to the Exposer Player app (from step 10)
- Click "Add"
- Exposer Player should now be available and visible in the list
- Move the mouse cursor over Exposer Player in the list, and click "Enable auto-launch"
- Check the checkbox for "Permanently keep this device in kiosk mode"
- Answer "Yes" when asked to confirm
- Click "Finished"
- Restart the device
- After first restart:
- You will be asked again to confirm dedicating the device to Exposer Player; click "Confirm"
- NOTE: This is only required the first time you restart; from now on the device will restart directly into the Exposer Player login
- The display should now show the login menu for Exposer Player
- The device is ready for use!
If you encounter problems, please contact Destino.